English as a Second Language to all levels including medical English (OET preparation)
English Language and English Literature
Helping adults improve their English
Price and Range:
All classes are £20 per hour.
5 hour block £95
10 hour block £185
Free telephone or Zoom consultation 30 minutes to discuss your needs.
University of Manchester– BA (Hons) II(i), Oriental Studies
Leeds Metropolitan University) – Diploma for Graduates in Business Studies (Credit
Trinity College London TESOL Certificate Grade A2
Trinity College London Licentiate Diploma in TESOL
Open University BA Open II(i) - French, Spanish, Ancient Greek and Creative Writing
Open University MA in Literature
Open University Postgraduate Certificate in TESOL (PGCPSE)
Edexcel PTLLS Level 4 (for teachers in adult and vocational education)
University of Cambridge/UCLES Certificate in Teaching English Online (2020)
I have been enjoying my work as a private tutor since 2004, first in Surrey and now back home in West Yorkshire. I am now teaching online as well as in person and you can benefit from my specialist areas of teaching using either method.
I teach English as a Second or Other Language to students from beginner to advanced levels. Help with Cambridge and Trinity exam preparation.
1. English for medical professionals - prepare for the Occupational English Test. I have specialist knowledge of medical terminology (gained from taking AMSPAR). You will be coached using up to date published materials written for professionals taking the test.
2. Pathways to Literature, a course for TESOL students at intermediate and advanced level. Students develop English language skills through studying literature and creative writing.
3. French for all levels from beginner to advanced. Focus on business French, learn for fun or prepare for GCSE or A'level exams.
4. Spanish for all levels from beginner to advanced. Learn for employment or business or just for fun and holidays.
5. English Language and Literature to GCSE and A'level for students who need extra help.
6. Classes for adult students who want to improve their English. Get help with CVs, job application letters, interview and presentation skills.
I teach students individually or groups of up to four online and in person.
Do not use this form to try to recruit tutors to any tutoring agency you may run or for sending communications that can be seen as spam, marketing and product promotion etc.